Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Knitting Community…


I was so thrilled when I saw the notice at our local library for a knitting group. Initially I came to know about a library close to our town was meeting with a knitting group. Since I love our town and take my kids to the library very often for story time, references, and many more things I wanted it to be at our town so I try to persuade the Librarian in many ways even told her about the Old Folks house and to get someone from there that has pioneered the technique.

She was amazing getting this group together she was looking for an experienced knitter to help with leading the group…

I would ask each time I visit the Library how is it going she would say to I will call you as soon as we get a schedule one day I was browsing through the paper of local announcements and I saw what I wanted to see for a long time it was the “Public Library Knitters Schedule” I was holding my little one so I couldn’t jump up and down but I was screaming inside my head with thrilled. Here I am posting the schedule on the refrigerator with my flower magnets and kept staring it for a while…

First night was a Monday march 15th I couldn’t go to it because we went to NJ for my husband’s work came home on time but my kids were exhausted from the road trip. I knew immediately I would not be able to make to the next one since I had prior commitments. So when I was at the Library for the story time and asked are they meeting this coming Monday and she was not sure but would call me with an answer. Yes they are meeting, I was there, late but I was there…

I met this wonderful person who is willing to give her time, help, & teach… I thanked her for her commitment… and we talked for a while… Best thing is she is knitting the Continental way not the European way which I am knitting now but struggling to learn Continental. So here are my issues I am not a swatch person bad habit… I am starting a fairly big project so here I am doing my first swatch we will see what I am learning. I need gage measuring instrument and size 4 needles…

This was the first meeting for myself there was me, leader, and another beginner she was so cute I remember my struggles with knitting but she was cool not like me who cursed a lot out loud and in my head all the time…
Teaching from books sometimes could me frustrating… that’s why I loved the knitting group…

And leader of our group named Cynthia does a great job… she showed me how to hold the yarn to knit the Continental way I was happy to get some help…

Quote of the day “Take a walk in the park on the first warm day of spring”

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment