Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Crème Brûleé


There are certain things I wanted to master this happen to be one of them. Yes, I went to the outlet and got myself a blow torch in order to gain the perfect result… oops what did I just typed I wanted to take that word (perfect) from my vocabulary because there is nothing perfect. I have learned to love the imperfection… in everything… and fall in love with it…

Let’s get back to crème brûleé for some reason I thought this is a pain in the neck to make but actually it is a breeze. I can’t wait to take some pictures. Since it takes a while to bake I thought I will quickly write few lines about this wonderful dish… I first indulge this sweet desert in Denver, Colorado.(with a group of friends) I love it; fun part was cracking the sugar everyone else was able to break it I was doing something it won’t break I vaguely remember one of the girls was making jokes at me may be I need a hammer. I did break it without a hammer and I love it and wanted to make it ever since I guess now is the time …

This was a amazing dessert as the French call it burn cream however the exact origin of this dish is still unknown but enjoyed all over the world some say it’s French and there are versions from England known as Trinity cream or Cambridge burnt cream and was introduced at the Trinity college…

Whatever the history I just happen to love this and can’ wait to enjoy it with kids it’s going to be fun eating this with my older one… below is the link if some wants to try it out...

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/valrhona-chocolate-creme-brulee.html

Quote of the week “Celebrate today” – Unknown

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment