Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cold Fighting Medicine…


Chicken Noodle Soup...

I like home remedies for anything before rushing to the Dr.’s. Yes I will Google answers for most stupid questions but that’s me. We at least myself and the kids always get sick with the weather changes no matter what you do. First it was my older one then it was me now it’s our little one. We always get the cold I know it does not work miracles over night but I do have to mention switching to chicken noodle soup instead of over the counter medicines have definitely made some strides with regard to getting ourselves back on the track.

This winter I felt like it was a staple dish in our family but it has drastically cut down the visits to the Dr. Office and it’s a fact.

Anyone who likes to try this please do… this is my own version of chicken noodle soup

Ingredients
1 cup chopped Onions
1 cup cubed/sliced Carrots
¾ cup cubed /sliced Celery
2-3 finely minced Garlic cloves
¾ cups egg noodles depends if it’s wide variety or the thin
1-2 pieces of chicken could e thigh or the breast (cut into small pieces)
2 tbsp Olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
Parsley leaves (optional) for garnish (this has more medicinal value than to garnish)
Lemon/crushed red pepper

Method
Heat a saucepan or a Dutch oven with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Toss the chicken with salt and pepper and cook medium high heat; add garlic. Add onions, carrots, and celery cook until it turn to bright color add 6 cups of water and let it simmer.(Bring the heat to low medium) While it’s cooking cook the egg noodles to the package directions and add them to broth. Garnish it with parsley and serve with a lemon wedge, if you want a kick add some crushed red peppers trust me things are going to move from your nose…

Hello Spring... Goodbye Cold...

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment