Monday, March 29, 2010

Dining on a Budget with style…



Everyone is cutting corners to stretch a dollar it could be for fine living, traveling, raising kids, and gardening, almost anything you can name…

We love pizza, gourmet style, and we would have it once or twice a month but now we can have it once a week with all the topping you like or you can customize toppings. I found some really yummy pizza dough recipes. I personally like thin crust kids like anything you put in front of their plate as long as it’s pizza. I have baking this for couple of months, no take out and I control fat and amount of other ingredients goes into this lovely piza, works cool, great and saves money…

Added fun when, kids get involved in this creation, it could be a very simple task like grating cheese, flattering dough, cutting ingredients, arranging toppings, and most of all trying new toppings could be really interesting sometimes even getting some green vegetable into their little stomachs. (When kids make it they love to try it)

I love making it more Italian by adding fresh tomatoes and basil. I would love to plant a pizza garden may be this could be one my future goals… I love fresh herbs and vegetables and loves to go to farmers market but that’s me.

If I can control the Food and Agriculture industry I would make organic not a choice but a must… try to meet the demand with less preservatives and make it natural but I am not that person… banned genetically modified food. My future dream is to have control over food we consume; it’s a dream I believe in ha… ha…

Here is the link to the pizza dough… super easy…

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/food-processor-pizza-dough.html

I use all kinds of cheeses sometimes get them as chunks to cut the cost and great them at home, try new topping each time we make pizza at home has become a fun activity for kids…

Quote of the day “take time to play”

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment