Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Green Tomatoes...


Getting back to work, keeping up with my own children, and entertaining them intellectually while taking care of five loads of laundry was pushing boundaries to limits. This was indeed a balancing act for me this past weekend. This busy schedule did not held back my interest to wonder off in our yard. Surprising, I could not help noticing the abundance of green tomatoes. 

I read a neat post what to do with green tomatoes from here and I remember to mark the page because it looks so good. It is the end of the tomato season at least for us easterners and I know they are not going to turn red anymore as we are in the brink of Summer but I do not want to give up hope. 

After my spin class on Sunday, I took the liberty to go grocery shopping for few items including couple of ingredients for green tomato recipe and hurried home only to find rest of the family went out for breakfast. I could not refused the nice invitation to join for breakfast. After breakfast I got busy making this lovely pickle. It does needs some prep time which I have been working prior to the assembly. 

I have already given couple of these guys away and heard lovely comments mainly the presentation was beautiful! I love the colors! It taste great cannot wait to try this with some bread!

4 comments:

  1. It does look yummy.. Too bad we don't live close to each other haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you... I wish the same with my blogger community...

      Delete
  2. I was thinking the same thing--these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meryl it also tate great... Hmmm KS lets see what we can do...

      Delete