Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Daffodils

 
Lately I have been feeling better… this reminds me of all the work I have that needs to be done. I enjoy spring bulbs and I bought close to 120 bulbs. I know what was I thinking… Well I cannot get enough of daffodils and paperwhites…
When I was growing up in my elementary school I took part in a drama yes, I did and I had to recite The Daffodils by William Wordsworth (1770-1850) below are the words I have memorized and recited it in front of all the parents… Not only that I have visited his house Cockermouth, Cambria, England. This is a beautiful country side… I can see why he was attracted the natural life…

"Daffodils" (1804)
I WANDER'D lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the Milky Way,
They stretch'd in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed -- and gazed -- but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:
For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude
And then my heart with pleasure fills
And dances with the daffodils.

Little Nicolette will be listening to this… There are things I would love to teach my kids which I enjoyed as a kid. I am sure you all have something special that pass to your kids… well I hope to see and wondered through the clouds of daffodils this spring… I can’t wait to enjoy them…

Quote of the Day “live your life on nature’s time schedule”


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment