Thursday, February 16, 2012

Banana Bread...


Who would not like banana bread. It is hit at our house. this was more often made when I was working the school which I worked would offer snacks for children. This include fresh fruits so we as staff would some times take turns taking rotten bananas to make bread. 
Sometimes we bake them with kids for their snacks as well. There is something really warm and comforting making banana bread at home the entire house smells delicious. I love to wake up for this smell. That will never happen at my home because I am the baker. I hope one day one of my kids will pick the trade of baking. Baking gives so much therapy to me and fruits to my family. 
I love making home made bake goods and enjoying them with my kids and friends. I have made many versions of banana bread this is one of my favorite recipes making this wonderful bread. I love to throw in some chocolate chips with the walnuts. Sometimes I add few drops of orange essence or If I have oranges I add the orange zest. This will sure to wake you up the aroma is so divine. 
What you need
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (orange extract)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2-3 medium bananas, sliced/mashed 
How you make


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.


In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in the sour cream, walnuts and bananas. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.


Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Quote of the day “be tactful”
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment