Saturday, June 5, 2010

Long waited DRESS…



I was simply happy because I finally finish the dress! Yes, I finally made by first knitted dress for my little one. Yeah… this was a little complicated dress pattern but the beauty is it looks very simple, now I can see what else I can create it kills me to work on one and start another project I just can’t stand it. I have put some projects already in queue to work on… can’t wait to start on those.
However I did finish some other projects while I was working on this one… I was able to finish those before I did the final stitches on this dress…
Challenge was logically figuring out how to do the neck and placing stitches on a stitch holder… working on arm bands, neck band and back opening was like understanding Greek Mythology… I mean it. I ran back to creating my wonderful hats… cannot wait to knit pretty hats…
I guess a knitter doesn’t like to spend time doing nothing…
I want to blog on this because I got this pattern from one of the Debbie Bliss’s books but I did not bought her yarn found something similar from online store for much less. Works great and this could be a spring/summer dress. I would not be able to finish this without Cynthia. She helped me with this project a lot so a HUGE thank you goes to her.
Cynthia is the leader in our knitting group… I have to admit she has have a lot of patience to deal with me for the amount of mistakes I do.

Quote of the day “encourage others to succeed beyond their abilities”

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment