Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Local Yarn Shop…


I like to go to the local yarn shop. The owner of the shop is a very nice lady and loves to help out with projects or simply advice what yarn to pick for a certain project. She also has a wonderful collection of knitting needles I mean all sizes and lengths (when it comes to circular needles). I personally love her clearance rack because she has cool yarn after several markdowns. Final price it sells, if I am lucky for a buck. I do not mind buying yarn at this price because it’s worth the effort I am putting for it when it comes to gift giving.

I am sure I will be knitting a lot this winter. My main project was to knit mittens for my daughter this winter, she will be wearing mittens. It’s going to be so much fun I think. I am not doing the thumb inserts just simple mittens so I can keep everyone’s sanity together when it comes to getting out of the door on time for school and errands.

Well going back to this project… I bought this yarn from her shop and she specifically told me I need only 1 skein or a ball to make a scarf. I did bought one from both yarns. They were made in Italy and the fiber count was 30% acrylic and 70% wool. I already made two scarfs and I love it. I don’t yet if I am going to keep them for myself or give them as gifts time will tell.

Quote of the day “take joy in small things”

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment