Thursday, January 20, 2011

Visiting Purl - Soho, NY

 
 
It is worth the trip… I wish I was able to spend more time there but in way I was glad I didn’t because that could affect my budget heavily. But I was still able to spend couple of dollars and het some yarn to do some projects for myself. You will see them in future… But I love the yarn and the fabric collection they had over at purl. I can’t wait to see her summer work.

I would love to work at purl if I lived in NYC but I am not.
I love Joelle Hoverson’s work and how she displays her work in the store. They have really taken the time to group the colors which I find very beautiful and at the same time very attractive. As you enter there is this huge panel that frames the embroidery loops with beautiful materials very eye catching display. When I get my craft room this is a must I am going to work on to display so I decided to buy some loops and have a collection going. I might check on regular basis in thrift stores and so forth.

I love the display and the collection of yarn and fabric was very beautiful. I have not seen anything like that. I mean the staff and the owner has work really hard to create a unique place and a collection of fabric, yarn, needles, buttons and everything else you need for crafts.
So if you every visit to NYC it is worth the visit…

Quote of the day “explore new places, stay curious”

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment