Friday, November 12, 2010

Red Velvet Cake


I am not that crazy about this but my son is. He LOVES it I have no clue… I don’t know what your take on it I do not find it that tasteful. Presentation could be beautiful. I can’t find my round cake pans but the Bundt pan works the same… so it was the baking day… I baked a red velvet Bundt cake it was GREAT I liked this recipe because it calls for vegetable oil instead of butter… I did like the texture but I am not a big fan of cake… but kids are…

Fun part was I had the cake on the stand and placed it on the buffet all of a sudden my daughter was very quiet she was able to climbed on to the chair and reached the buffet and was helping herself to the Bundt cake early in the morning… and frosting was all over her face… not using her hands but her tiny mouth… I have not experienced this with my son when he was a toddler but I do enjoy wiping her frosted face early in the morning…
I was amazed to see the amount food coloring that goes into this cake and the vinegar I have not made anything bazaar…

If you are up to red velvet cake here is the recipe…

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sara-moulton/southern-red-velvet-cake-recipe/index.html

Quote of the day “look at something and say, yes I can make it better”

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment