Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy B’ Day Aththamma in other words Grandma…

Aththamma is how we (Sri Lankan’s) call grandma; it pronounced like ath-tha-amma… very phonetic but mixed with speech sounds… Challenge yourself and have fun…

My little one works supper hard in coloring I love the pictures she makes. It is big time ART for me and I do collect them… yes; www.Thesleepytimegal.com had this cute idea of making them into thank you cards. Which I loved… I want to create a Birthday card and this was our version of the thank you card turn into B’day card (I will post them soon)… I hope Aththamma enjoys these as much as they did creating them…

I know I did show my collection of knitted hats to Aththamma when she was visiting us… I have no idea what happen after that… well I guess you can say rest is history…

I did gather her some B’day goodies. I am going to let you guess (but you can take a peak)… she is also a quilter perhaps I can say a patch worker… and something in between… she is a very talented lady with a kind heart… most of all she taught me and introduced me to patch working and quilting that I am very thankful to her… which has helped me a lot in creating for my kids, myself and family… I do owe her for that…

However I couldn’t get the thank you cards on this blog may be another time… we will show you our version of thank you/ B’day cards… I did want to show the gift box we did for Aththamma… we had a GREAT time assembling it together…

We wish her a wonderful B’day and may all your wishes come true… even though we are states, countries, and continents apart from each other…

Quote of the day “take advantage of opportunities to expand your friendship base”

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment