Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Repurposing Older Brother’s Bed for a Little Sister…


 
 
 
We bought this bed way about may be 5-6 years back for my son… the reason behind was him to be an independent sleeper. I didn’t have much luck with that he use to sleep with us for the longest time. Yes, I was in the weird parent club, non Montessori club, wacko club… I cannot think of anything else because I let him sleep with us.

Finally it all changed when he decided to sleep by himself… He was ready. I hope Niegel won’t be mad at me when he decided to read this post one day. I was a young mother, I didn’t had many friends new to the country, job, married life, and raising a family without the support of my family members. I sure had some trick up in my sleeve it was determination, determination, and determination. So I did the best I can…

May be this is a strong impulse for me to sell topponcino’s for infant online… ha… ha… to encourage independence at a young age I wish I took my A to I training when I was young but it was not in my agenda…

Let’s get back to my repurposing I decided to paint the whole bed in white with a short time period I was able to achieve this task with. I sanded it re painted it looks gorgeous in her room… Nicolette is not sleeping on the crib mattress on the floor any more. She is in a big girl bed and she does a awesome job by sleeping all by herself very independent cannot ask for any more…

I am happy the old bed found a new place in our nest… I worked hard to add some depth to the bed by sanding and revealing the wood tones to keep it country looking… Currently I am looking ideas to give a makeover for her sheets… if you have any thoughts please add to your comments…

Quote of the day “Look for the best in new ideas”

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I really like that white! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi CK, Thank you for the feedback... I am still working on her room... hope to get it done for her B'day I am working hard on getting the garden ready...

    ReplyDelete