Friday, December 10, 2010

Baking, Cookies, and Holidays…

 I have been busy this week baking and trying to get organized my- to do list I hope I was able to take care of some of m task. This has been a challenging year for me and the rest of the family. Good thing is I am not alone everybody on the planet is fighting something ALL the time. Even we don’t see it. I am not ALONE.
Good thing is I am done with school and I have two more weeks I started my SPRING SEMESTER. We will see how it goes. Let’s see what I have at home to tackle other than my to-do list. I have been baking for husband’s staff meeting, for a B’day boy and kids at home.
I have made the chocolate crinkle cookies and coconut almond drops.
Here is what you need to make the coconut almond drops

Makes 18 cookies

Vegetable oils cooking spray for greasing
3 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup sliced almonds
½ cup sweetened condensed milk
½ teaspoon almond extract
2 large egg whites
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 pinch of salt
4 oz semisweet chopped better sweet chocolate

 Preheat the oven to 350 grease two large cookie sheets with cooking spray
 Toast 1½ cups of coconuts and almonds on a pan. This way you can see how much you wanted it to be toasted than in the oven. Place them in a bowl and leave it aside.
 In t the cool coconut almond mixture add the condense milk, and almond extract and mix well.
 In another bowl beat the egg whites and the 1 tablespoon of sugar until it forms peaks in your egg whites. Now gently fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
 Using a large table spoon drop them on the baking sheet and bake them for about 10 minutes. Transfer them to a wire rack.
 Melt the chocolate and dip the bottom of the cookie place them on a parchment sheet and place them in a refrigerator.
 Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days at cool room temperature.

Visit the here for chocolate crinkle cookies, http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/chocolate-crinkle-cookies.html

How is your holiday baking taking its shape? Do you enjoy baking during cold weather as much as I do… do you get your kids involve to bake.

Quote of the day “buy from charity bake sales”

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment