Thursday, December 5, 2013

It is the season for cranberries...


Recently I had the opportunity to work with a “co-worker” who had great knowledge about cranberries. I love craisins and cranberry comport that’s about it. However, my canning ability and the abundance of cranberries mixed together made me to do some research. 

Result was apple cranberry jelly, and we all got in to work. Panduka was helpful to skin and cut apples. Nicolette was eager to skin apples using a potato peeler. Nigel’s energy created the perfect canning. Every one had a job from rinsing jars to wiping mouths, and sealing jars.

It was a delightful way to begin to prepare the Thanksgiving meal on Wednesday night. This jelly was so simple to make and tastes lovely. I cannot wait to try it with toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment