Friday, December 13, 2013

Being late or frugal...



Have you shop the end of the year bulbs at Home Depot. I usually get them at the beginning of the season. Lately, I have been kind of busy with projects, and simply forgot to buy bulbs this year until the Thanksgiving weekend. This has also become our new after Thanksgiving ritual to do. I bought many bags of bulbs, since they were half off, because it was the end of the season. 

I was worried though thinking I will not be able to get them in the ground. This is the weekend to get them in the ground before it is too late.


Finally we add a line of mixed bulbs to the newly build corner lavender garden. Outside temperature was thirty degrees. Yes, but the neat thing was we all worked together as a team to get them in the ground quick! Hyacinth, Tulips, Daffodils, and Grape Hyacinth. I had to use my old winter gloves to plant them, good excuse to buy new gloves. 

Only part that I did not like is, it is all in a straight line; next year we are going to make some changers to make it more natural. 

I am so excited for 2014 spring! 


No comments:

Post a Comment