Friday, October 25, 2013

Purple Cabbage & Having an Idea for lunch!


Having an idea for lunch is organizing oneself. At least that is how I see my self. I have been not much organized lately because of busy weeks. Usually I am good at making meals for my family but not necessary for myself which is bad story to begin my lunch. 

I received two small heads of purple cabbage from a neighboring gardner. I am not a big fan of this vegetable. I am more like a white cabbage girl, because that is what I grew up with. I was at my DR.s recently for regular check ups and to keep up with seasonal allergies. I always read their healthy food magazines and this recipe caught my eye and was an easy pick for my lunch. 

I basically had everything recipe calls for only substitute was the white potato instead of purple potato. I have not snipped the chives from the garden yet but they seems to be in good shape. 

Cook the potatoes in a pot with salt, skin, and sliced them. Cube the cabbage and set a side. In a glass bowl mix in mustard seeds, chives, vinegar, salt, and sugar. Mix in all together and enjoy!

I loved it because it was a time saver, money saver, and more than anything a meal at lunch time. I need to take care of my self more often. how do you plan for your lunch breaks. Do you make your own meals or run for a cup of coffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment