Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Lunch box ideas Fall 2013


Having lunch and dinner ready for at least the first few days of week is not fun when I am in school. Especially, when it becomes my responsibility and falls on my to do list. I try to see the brighter side that everyone in the house is fed and happy at the end of the day. Also it help us to work on our projects during week. 

How do you tackle this, Do you make the lunches ahead, or the previous night and place it in the refrigerator. I have a fun story I like to share with you. I had a close friend who was a teacher and would pack lunch the night before. She would packed four lunches including hers. Her wonderful husband would comea home after work and would eat her lunch not FUN! This has not happen at ours yet, but it does not mean it is not possible. 

This is one of my lunch box ideas, meat, vegetables, and pasta. You cannot go wrong I have include all major food groups. Of course, I will add fruits and cheese to this lunch as a dessert. This is a great pasta dish I would recommend using a neat pasta sauce like basil tomato, or roasted garlic with peppers. I have a cross country runner and a little girl who is very picky when it comes to vegetables!

4 comments:

  1. I am so horrible at packing my own lunch. Thankfully the Kid's is provided at school! I love these little pasta corkscrews, though. I bet your children think they're fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you, I remeber when my son was little he got a lunch from school. I did not have to think about it but my daughter needs a lunch and now he needs a lunch. I am in charge...

      Delete
  2. Your poor friend! Thanks for the funny story Sharmila!
    I am good at packing my daughters lunch but I end up walking out with a bunch of snacks! Love your packed lunch idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I feel for her, and I wish I can be more creative in this area.

      Delete