Friday, May 20, 2011

Frittata for Breakfast…

 
 
How would you get your family to eat a healthy breakfast that would help them to make smart decisions throughout day, handle the test with confidence, remember to get the study material from the memory to writing, and enjoy the rest of the day? There have been many researchers done that a healthy breakfast can do wonders to brain and to maintain active lifestyle.

I am not a big breakfast eater but I will make it for others. I am fine with a small breakfast as long as I can snack throughout the day. But in the morning I am having a difficult time getting up early and offering a health breakfast. So frittata sounds like an excellent plan for a busy morning and now with abundance of fresh produce you can make many varieties.

This is my version of Frittata with Feta Cheese.
Ingredients:
2 tbs butter
12 large eggs
1 tsp Kosher salt
½ tsp Paprika
1 5 oz bag of spinach
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 Jimmy Dean sausage meat (skillet fried)
1 onion cut and sauté
8 oz feta cheese crumbled

Method:
Heat oven to 350° F
Add butter to a 2-quart casserole and transfer to oven for 5 minutes. ( do not let it brown)
Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, and pepper. Add the spinach, tomatoes, and combine. Gently stir in the feta.
Remove casserole from oven. Add skillet fried sausage meet, sauté onion Pour the egg mixture into casserole. Bake until the frittata is browned around the edges and slightly puffed and a knife comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.

You can serve this with fresh fruits or as it is.
My kids and picky dad didn’t like the tomatoes but I tried.
Breakfast done a head of time left over can go to the refrigerator for another day or with a small salad for a dinner.

Quote of the day “bring breakfast fixings over to a friend’s house and cook something together”

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. As soon as I saw that first picture, alarms went off in my head! I think I am really hungry because that breakfast makes me just want to melt!!!
    -CK

    ReplyDelete