Tuesday, December 8, 2009


Hi to all my Friends and Readers out there. I have been busy creating again... people I know keep telling me that I don't know how to relax I guess it must be a skill to learn but I don't think I have mastered that skill yet...

Well, I took a class how to knit... when I was taking a walk in the old town... I saw this shop which displayed beautiful unique jewelry, pottery,and knitted clothing... I wanted to take a look but it was closed. so I took down the number in my head same day came home and dialed it was a wrong number. After a while I walked pass this shop this time I tried to memorized it and I did it... ha... ha... I called and a lady answered she was very nice and polite. I was asking her about jewelry... and also asked if she will sell any if I make some... she was not interest in it because she makes most of the jewelry by herself and I have to say she does a wonderful job her Jewelry is breathtaking... but she gave me an invitation to come and take a look at inside the store. she also decorated her store with Birds and Birdbaths which happened to be my other interest... I just loved the feathery friends...

So we met and we talked and we talked a lot things I have to say she was a wonderful listener... with a lot of information... I want to admit I did like her personality... so she showed all the pieces she had knit and I immediately decided to enroll my self. Here I want to look at the store,birds,and jewelry walked out of her store to get knitting supply. I cannot believe myself... but I did. I hurried myself to local Arts and Crafts store and started to buy yarn and browsed through some knitting catalogs but I didn't buy the needles funny right.

I went to my first class met all the other wonderful knitting ladies and started to knit and purl I did that for two weeks from borrowed knitting needles... and on the third week she told me "Today we are going to use your yarn..." That made me jumpy and excited finally I get to start the project... I started to knit this baby sweater it was fun...

There are times I have to admit I said to myself knitting is not meant to be for me... I have no patience to do this and I sucked at it. English was not the second language, it seemed like the tenth language when it came to reading the patterns...
I cursed at it threw the yarn up and down called the instructor many times I can feel she is getting tired of me... but stubborn me didn't want to give up... lost counting the darn rows... some times I would ask what the hell is a row... why do I need to count them and write them too much work... I wanted to quit many times...
But it's worth trying because I can pass this skill to some one I love...

So... here I didn't know how to hold a needle from 5 weeks I was able to produce this. I think that was phenomenal... This is the begging of my knitting story... Also thanks my knitting instructor...

No comments:

Post a Comment