Saturday, December 12, 2009

Topponcino/Security Blancket...



Hello my friends and loved ones, I love to blog on items I made. Sometimes I called them goodies. I made this security blanket for my baby when she was kicking inside my tummy I mean it. Yesterday I was at the post office rushing to get the Christmas cards and some other important documents, while I was standing and waiting very patiently in the line which is long all most to the entrance. I know with the budget cutting down they cannot hire enough people to staff the holiday season so no matter what time you show up at the post office it's going to take a while. Well my point is there was a mother with three kids behind me standing on the line with another tiny one kicking inside her... she was explaining to me her baby was very active, this brought back some memories of my pregnancy and what I made...

So I made this for my little one it's called a Topponcino I hope the automated dictionary will accept this because normally Microsoft gives similar words as cappuccino which is what we called it most of the time when we were making them at the Montessori training...

It originated from Italy, with close observation from Montessori philosophy I would like to say. But it is a safe heaven for tiny babies I have used it by myself for my little one, talked to many people who have used this, friends, family, follow Montessori's...

This is made out of 100% layers of cotton batting, and cotton fabric it is very comfortable yet flexible allows the newborn to be in a safe heaven. It works wonders when you have company over to see the new bundle of joy. Specially passing the baby from one person to other and the baby still feels safe from all the coos and ah's. I have to admit older kids feels safe to handle the baby on the Topponcino.
One of the other things we did was we traveled a whole lot after the baby, We would always take the Topponcino with us so even in the most strangest place baby felt comfortable and slept through the night it does make a big difference I have to admit.

I took the liberty to custom make it according to my needs, I chose flannel covers during winter and cotton throughout spring and varied the colors and it did not make a big impact on the baby. It does act like a security blanket for the baby as well as to the adults knowing your baby is going to be fine during nights even if you have to stay away from your home/environment which is the KEY factor for babies...

Let me know what you think about this...

No comments:

Post a Comment