Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Overkill of the pumpkin...


Lately I have been cooking with pumpkins a lot. We have learned many things about pumpkins during this year. Next year garden might have a different kind of a pumpkin vine or two. The cold weather let us enjoy our oatmeal on a regular basis. 

Tired of eating the same old same old. I decided to add few oomp to my oatmeal.

1 cup steal cut oats 
2 cups water 
a pinch of salt
1/4 cup dried fruits I used cranberries any thing you can find in your pantry 
1/4 cup chocolate chips add this at the end
1/4 chopped nuts 
1/4 milk to serve with brown sugar
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
Dash of cinnamon powder

To oats add 2 cups of water, pinch of salt, pumpkin puree, and cranberries and cook on slow fire. Once oats are cooked add nuts and cinnamon. Spoon it to two bowls, and add, brown sugar, chocolate chips, cold milk, and serve it warm. 

I had to admit it tastes great! But it was a bit too much pumpkin for us. 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't made pumpkin oatmeal yet, but sounds amazing! (And how can chocolate chips ever be bad?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is yummy, and yes, with choclate chips everything taste great!

    ReplyDelete