Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Seaming could be FUN…



Yep, who would think this could be so much fun, what I am buzzing about knitting…I wanted to make a gift set. Finally I found this baby blanket in baby knits for beginners by Debbie Bliss. I have been making stuff from her book but I immediately fell in love with this pattern. However the challenge was seaming the bound- off edge and a selvedge in garter stitch. (I ROCKED it!)

With much patience in my hand I did look at this as a learning opportunity and finally did it. I was so happy when I seamed the first square. It took me a while to knit all squares but it’s worth the pain.

I did not buy the yarn the book suggested but got something close to the fiber count. It turned out really cool and I had some left over yarn which I loved so much and I knitted a hat to go with the blanket. My little one already loves the hat. And she plays with it all the time. We will save it; to use this coming winter since it is little bit on bigger side.

I chose the colors and add a little white to soften it and all the girls from the knitting group loved the color combination and honestly I am very pleased with my final product…

I still have more knitting going on some FUN projects some not that fun I need to learn to balance it but who would not…
I enjoy blogging about my knitting experiences as a beginner and I am amazed by its GROWTH…

Quote of the day “fulfill your potential as a person, spouse, and a parent”

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment