Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Monday Night Dessert






Our Monday nights have change a bit from the normal, mainly we have afternoon activities. Nicolette’s Karate has being taking most of the free time we had. That being said not sure about my monday coffee run I decided to bake. This is a very easy recipe to follow and a breeze to whip it up. Luckly I had some frozen raspberries to do the job. I did had to go to the store to get ricotta but it was worth it I had few other items that I need to get anyways. 

I don’t know about the dinner plans for sure I know I have a big salad, few hard boil eggs, and salmon patties. We also have some bread that will be our dinner. We are planning to splurge the dessert and more room for dessert would make every one happy.

I know I promised that I will be posting more healthier options but after eating salads and fiber for a long time it was time to enjoy some sweets but not overly sweet desserts. I am planning to serve this with a dollop of whip cream I love the lite whip cream very much.  

I hope you will make this wonderful recipe as well, becase I loved making it. 

Ingredients 
Nonstick vegetable oil spray
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
3 large eggs
1½ cups ricotta
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup frozen raspberries or blackberries, divided 

Do Ahead:

         Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9”-diameter cake pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with nonstick spray. Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
         Whisk eggs, ricotta, and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth; fold into dry ingredients just until blended. Then fold in butter, followed by ¾ cup raspberries, taking care not to crush berries. Scrape batter into prepared pan and scatter remaining ¼ cup raspberries over top.
         Bake cake until golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 50–60 minutes. Let cool at least 20 minutes before un-molding.

Recipe by Alison Roman




No comments:

Post a Comment