Saturday, July 5, 2014

Gardening and Keeping Up!

I cannot fully enjoy my garden, yet until the school is out. I love working in my yard digging and planting. I can see my children has developed a love of gardening. Nicolette is always fascinated with seeds, worms, dirt, and butterflies. Whenever I step outside for a minute to get a break from inside work I can hear the buzzing of  busy bees. 

This year we are already enjoying fresh salads and arugula with much love. We have planted few tomato plants, cucumber, eggplant, peppers, and a wonderful collection of herbs!

However, I have few plans for the garden along the fence line. First of all it needs a great deal of weeding and mulching. I did not order mulch this year! Mulching could be painful sometimes. Perhaps adding few annuals will bring that charm to the perennial beds. I have develop a new love towards Irises this year. I saw a great combinations this past spring in Washington DC, Iris, Peonies, and Hostas. 

Few flowers made to the raise beds to attract hard working bees for pollination hopefully we will get few pounds of tomatoes for canning this year!


Speaking of canning I still have left few from last year which needs to be consumed! If we get enough cucumber it will be nice to try few picking recipes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment