Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving...


Thanksgiving is one of the few celebrations I celebrate with my family. I had joy making every single dish. Little Nicolette can understand and appreciate the true meaning of Thanksgiving. 





We finished all of our last minute shopping on believe it or not on Wednesday morning. Kids had half day at school on Wednesday. I was able to score few things I wanted for my shop as well as for home this Thanksgiving. Turkey was in on Tuesday with the rest of the Thanksgiving menu. 





Nothing fancy but my usual menu with an abundant of desserts. I made a lattice apple pie and very happy with the results. It was delicious with a little bit of ice cream and caramel sauce. Extra tart went to the neighborhood gathering after thanks giving meal. It was a fun gathering and was a huge collection of desserts.





I could not get to the green beans this year... but enjoyed the Brussels sprouts with pecans and ham. The sweet potato dish was a hit... it was sweet and crunchy with its topping. 


We shared this poem with children at school and it really touched my heart. i thought I would share with everyone. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones. 



The year has turned its circle,
The seasons come and go.
The harvest is all gathered in
And chilly north winds blow.
Orchards have shared their treasures,
The fields, their yellow grain.
So open wide the doorway-
Thanksgiving comes again!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment