Monday, January 2, 2012

Winter Break...

I was eager change my entryway from a longtime. I am looking ways to organize my itty bitty narrow hallway. I still have my shoes along the wall which drives me nuts. I have few ideas I want to do to get this space organized. I will try to get it done before the break. We do not have a coat closet to hang our coats or a shoe rack in our entry way.  I was able to use my old console table in this space to add some decorative items to give a fresh appearance. 
I did use what I had old picture frame, twig wreath, moss pot, candle sticks, and some knick knacks. I am pleased how it looks right now. I will continue to change until I achieved the look I am looking for. 
I did planted our amaryllis very late I hope it will bring some color to our boring entryway. Little Nicolette had fun doing this project. I will have to do another post on that. 
Terra-cotta pots have been always mine favorite item to add to home decor. I simply filled it with moss and I loved the look.  The Buddha statue does adds serenity to this accumulated objects on the console. I picked up hanging lanterns from a trip to SRI LNAKA long time ago. Ideally I was using them on our patio in VA hanging from the deck.  I did add one on to this collected objects. I light a tea light candle inside the lantern during nights. It add some charm to the objects in our entryway.
One more project checked off from the list -entryway changed. 
Quote of the day “meditate on light”
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment