Monday, October 3, 2011

Dinner under $5.00…

 
 
We went to Boston for dinner at Penang; we love Tai food very much. Penang offers a great ambiance and the food is phenomenal. I love their noodle soup bowls. I would love to learn how to make it home.
Whenever I go to Boston I try to go to Chinese supermarket because this is where I stock up my Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean sauces… they are less expensive than from the local grocery store. I find most of the time same or better name brands not that I read Japanese, Korean, or Vietnamese but I can see the differences. Some are great on labeling in English as well.

Well I bought my stock of sauces and I bought some Bok Choy. This is a wonderful vegetable with crispy, bitter, crunchy, and with great colors. I know I love the colors of the vegetables.

Here is my simple Bok Choy recipe…
1 Tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon of Plum Sauce
1 teaspoon of Sesame Oil
2-3 teaspoons of rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon of vegetable or olive Oil
3-4 Garlic Cloves chopped
Medium slice of ginger chopped
Medium onion chopped
7-8 Bok Choy heads cleaned vertically sliced
How to
Mix in a bowl, dark, light, plum sauce together and set aside. Add the Vegetable oil and sesame oil to the pan medium high heat add garlic and ginger until slightly golden brown. Now add onions sauté them until golden brown bring the heat to high and fry them for few seconds now add your rice wine and listen to the beautiful sound it makes… get back to cooking…

Add your Bok-Choy and sauté it until it begins to wilted at the very beginning of this process add your sauce mixture and cook it for 15 seconds if you like to have them crunchy cook less. Serve immediately with warm white/brown rice

Quote of the day “make food from scratch whenever possible”

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment