Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Earth Day…

 
 
I participated in the 5K Trail Mix walk/run for sustainability. This was collaborated with the earth day. Yes, I did took part and had a great time with other students. Organized by the Biology club at the Bridgewater Sate University along with the center for sustainability and the office of undergraduate research...

Yes, I am into organic I wish I have the time, land, space, to invest on organic but I have loved and adore this concept in the past.

According to the year 2010 census the agriculture/farming is done by less than 2% of the US population. Sounds scary but it the impact of industrial revolution and introduction of machines towards human labor…

Are we into organic growing, amazingly there is a increase in this but is it enough… can everyone enjoy this… going to whole food feels good to your heart but it does hurt your budget in some way. Can every one afford this questionable situation? The other day I was having a conversation with a customer at the book store she has joined a farm co- op and voiced out that she is exploring alternative for proteins from grain. Grass fed, free range meet and the prices of eggs have introduce her to grains such as amaranth, Quanah, and millet, barley and many more.

I know there are many healthy vegan choices for proteins… I have read many post from web posts, magazines articles, and talk shows about sustainable living... can we do it as a family depends on your values can every one et into this boat… not sure…

Above are my thoughts let me know what you think about this concept.
I had a great EARTH DAY! How about you… Trail mix was great…

Quote of the day “help save nation’s wetlands”

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog:)

    Kudos to you for your attitude towards the planet. I think so many of us take things for granted.

    ReplyDelete