Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mardi Gras...


I volunteered to bake for Mardi Gras at home for a not a particular reason. What did I just did, Yes, I googled what is Mardi Gras meant. (Ha… ha… good start…) I guess you learn something new every day. Well with the history of Mardi Gras festival and a recipe from Food Network I head to the Kitchen. This is the most complicated recipe I have ever worked on. You have to bake it with a plastic baby inside, I am concerned that it might melt some have the same opinion other say its fine to bake with the baby I guess the Louisiana way.
Then I decided to read the reviews as you can see I have not been doing my homework, started to read as I go down the ingredient list this is a whole mess…
The whole process takes 12 ½ half hours just to make the darn cake no wonder it called the KING CAKE in Louisiana and they do need a day off in order to make this. Now it makes sense why it’s celebrated only in Louisiana ha… ha…
According to the legend… who ever finds the baby/ bead has been blessed with luck,gets to be crowned as King/Queen also the privilege to bake the cake following year. This is practice in some parts of the Louisiana state…

I am bit frustrated with this recipe… I started to pay attention to the details half way through my mistake.

Well it’s lunch time need to get lunch ready for kids, my older one is celebrating the President’s Day during this whole week at home double the FUN!
Here is the link to this recipe.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/search/delegate.do?fnSearchString=king+cake&fnSearchType=recipe

If any of you have any bright ideas how to make this or opinions please feel free to post them…
By the way this baking continued till Tuesday… but I am glad it is done…

No comments:

Post a Comment