Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Clematis and the climbing post





I am super excited this summer to see my Clematis vine take off. After many struggles the clematis seems to taking off on its own this season. I was delighted to see the pods shooting up and the vine is beginning to wrap itself around the near by Hydrangea bush. It seems to be doing really well in this spot, in the front yard. 

I think it adds so much fun to a garden with its beautiful blooms. Training it to climb the post is going to be interesting. I have already attempted this task with help from my neighbor. 

I remember a neighbor in VA did a phenomenal job in her yard with this beautiful plant. She almost made a privacy screen. I am excited to see my purple garden is taking off with its very first vine.

No comments:

Post a Comment