Sunday, January 17, 2010


It’s being a while I wrote something about my projects, Yes I have been knitting most of the time. Staying home with a 1 year old and an 11 year old is sometimes could be challenging, they consume two different spectrum of my energy. So getting time to knit is very challenging. One year old is into everything and wants to what’s going on around her most of the time.
However I cherish any moment I get to knit because I am learning something new. I was able to crochet too using a book. Have to admit some of these authors’ have done a great job creating these manuals for beginners like me.
I have to admit I love making these little hats for tiny noggins. Mainly I think I can finish this task pretty easily it only takes half a day that includes doing all the chores around the house too. Feeding little mouths, helping with homework, Boys scout activities, and other interest… I love creating these tiny hats because it’s fun to give them as gifts and see a little ones head from above. I enjoy watching kids wearing hats from all angles.
My little one has more hats than she can wear. Each time I finish a hat I run to my needles to create something new again. Now I also have to play the fare and square game if I knit a hat for little one I have to make sure I make something for my older one too. Usually older one gets a scarf’s and hats. I would love to create my own design one day that would be awesome I would say. My next project is to learn how to make mittens so I can create a set hat and mittens isn’t that just a good thing ha… ha…
I also like to mix in variety of yarn and see how it looks, there are so many beautiful yarns at the local craft store and I go crazy when I go there. I also visit the local yarn shop I love the owner she is very kind and helpful with a project or picking yarn, I dearly thank her for helping me with few projects. I can’t wait to take some classes with her.
I was speaking with the Librarian get a knitting group start and she was explaining to me there were several other inquires regarding knitting but needs a leader to lead the group. Another knitter was eves dropping and joined in to this conversation and we decided to meet at our place I cannot wait to meet her and learn some new skills. Its’ amazing to discover new knitters in this community every day, The young, middle age and the older group share this amazing interest to knit… I think it’s wonderful… I know it’s all about math counting the rows, stitches, increasing, decreasing, dividing, adding, subtracting and multiplying all the four operations in math working harmoniously to produce something beautiful. I keep saying to my little ones you cannot run away from math because it keeps following you where ever you go.
I don’t know if I want to knit during summer but certainly worth keeping the options open to knit ha … ha…

No comments:

Post a Comment