Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Indoor Plants



I developed a love of planting when I was very young. It all started way back in Sri Lanka. I remember when I left my home I had collected many including outdoor and indoor plants. I would rotate them by bringing them inside. When I moved to the US, I began to answer this nature calling by taking a few cuttings from a parent dinner night from a former student, and the rest was history. I went to a creating a jungle. I recall that I moved with my plant collection. My son used to enjoy watering the plants when I stick them outside for summer. Then I had to make this big move from VA to NY - Long Island I gave my jungle away to friends and family. I decided never to have any house plants it was hard, I had a great collection of African violets, and they died due to my traveling.  

I am rekindling my love for plants for the past few years. I have a tiny collection some I keep at work and some I stay at home. I mainly take care of rehab plants in other words plants that need some attention. However, I have also purchased a few. I hope I won't get too crazy about my interest in plants. 

To my surprise, I find my daughter wants to keep a couple in her room, and how could I resist her interest. Well, the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. Here I am rooting/ rehabilitating a few succulents, Devil's ivy (Epipremnum), and Silver Pothos, (Pothos Argenteus) are a handful of  ubiquitous houseplants.   

No comments:

Post a Comment