Sunday, September 4, 2016


This Summer has been a Summer that I won't forget for many reasons. Tearing my Achilles Tendon while many miles away from home has been a life experience. Study abroad has given me an opportunity to become a planner and thus understand those tedious plans never work the way it supposed to be. Yes, It was a hard lesson to learn! I travelled to Manchester, United Kingdom this summer alone mainly to study but came home on an air-boot with crutches! 

Learned to heal, and that is not easy for someone who always wants to be on the go. I didn't mean that in a bad way. I like to be independent and to do things by myself. I couldn't take a shower; I had to rethink every little thing. I did to the point, how to get into a vehicle with crutches. Then the bad ugly happened I re-ruptured my ankle during the process of healing. It was hard to stay cool wearing a boot in the mid-August. I don't know how I did it, but I did it!

I am in a bit of a happy place; I am on my way to recovery. To be exactly the third stage. I took the inserts out, and I am walking without crutches, and that is a huge success! I am getting some of my school work done, I have got two incompletes this Summer and that is my first. I am glad that each night I get to work a bit on my papers and past due homework. 

On the other hand, I still reap some benefits of over planning such as planned meals. Prepared meals have become a life saver when it comes to dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment