Thursday, April 9, 2015

Salad Dressing



I always use to buy the salad dressing because it is inexpensive, so many varieties, and and the convenience. There was this day I ran out of dressing and wanted to eat my salad. What happen next was invention of dressing at home. After a bit of research online. I was making my own salad dressing. The best part  was I am in control of what is going in my dressing. So far I made one with lemon, and this is my attempt to make with ruby red grapefruit. I am so pleased with both batches which leads me to eat more salad. 

My version
1/2 cup of grapefruit juice
3 tbs of olive oil
2 tbs distill white vinegar 
1 shallot finely minced
2 garlic cloves finely minced
1 tbs of honey
few pinches of crushed red pepper flakes
Dash of salt and pepper to taste


Place everything in a mason jar and shake. Simple as that and pour generously on your salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment