Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Stocking up on Solids...


I have this thing whenever, I go to a fabric store I have a tendency to buy prints which attracts me the most. Due to habit I have acquired a bit of a collection. 

Recently I have been trying to work few quilt blocks here and there. On the course of this process I have come to realize that I do not own any solids in my collection of fabrics. All these years I have been collecting prints.

I took the opportunity when I saw the sale at the fabric store and stock up a few colors that might work with the prints I have in hand. Do you collect fabric? Do you buy solids at the same time with your prints? Do you keep a track of your prints and buy your solids later when they are on sale?

I am running out of storage space better work on a quilt soon!


2 comments:

  1. No, I don't have a thing for fabric.. and I am not a happy camper when I have to sew something lol But I know how to admire a great fabric that belongs to a fabulous collection :) And your collection is quite impressive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use be like that but I did took needle work when I was in fourth and fifth grade. That is how I got into it. Then over the time I was off and on working with sewing. I finally took over when my dughter was born. That is how I got involved again.

    ReplyDelete