Monday, September 9, 2013

A treat to come home...








I always look for bargains when I am at the grocery store. Officially, kids goes back to school this coming week. Keeping that in my mind I was looking for ways to make few things ahead crazy schedule. 

Banana bread goes well in our house at least among kids. I guess bananas that were bruised were on sale for about .99 cents. I meant only the skin, I bought two of these packages home.

We decided to make a banana cake instead of bread. cream cheese frosting with this delicious banana cake was an ultimate treat for my older one who is just getting the hang of getting back to school. 

Few roasted walnuts chopped to tiny pieces adds a bit of crunchiness to this wonderful cake. I know my older one comes home, after school and cross country practices and treat himself to a slice of this goodness. Totally worth it!




4 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! Would you post the recipe, or did I miss it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will and promise because I am planning to make this lovely treat again this coming weekend!

      Delete